Andrea Garcia, MD, MPH
- Residency: University of Texas Health Science Center, Department of Surgery, San Antonio, Texas
- Research Fellow: Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, Texas
- Internship: Michael E. Debakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- Medical Degree: University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas
- Master in Public Health: Health Care Management Division University of Houston Health Science Center, Houston, Texas
- Bachelor of Science: Biomedical Sciences, Summa Cum Laude, Corpus Christi, Texas
About The Provider
Dr. Andrea Garcia is a dedicated general surgery provider serving San Antonio. After she completed medical school and residency in San Antonio, she wanted to continue to serve the same community that helped her grow.
Dr. Garcia approaches her patients as if they were her own family members. She likes to spend time explaining to her patient’s their diagnoses and answer any questions. She truly believes in patient autonomy and enjoys making decisions together with them. Having been a surgical patient herself, she is empathetic and knows how to truly serve her patients by easing their pain, listening, and educating them about their surgical diagnoses.
She considers her highest asset to be her willingness to work as a team and develop a tailored care plan that is right for them. In addition, Dr. Garcia is fluent in Spanish.
- Breast Cancer Surgery including breast conservation and sentinel node mapping
- Laparoscopic (minimally invasive) surgery
- Hernia surgery
- Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy
- Colorectal disease surgery
- da Vinci Robotic Surgery